VOLUNTEER BOARDS & COMMITTEES
BE A VOICE FOR THE INDUSTRY
The City of Colorado Springs, the Town of Monument, the City of Fountain and El Paso County regularly have openings for volunteer positions on their boards and committees.
Please consider volunteering for one of the City of Colorado Springs and El Paso County Boards. Not only will you learn about the critical work that these boards do, you will also have an opportunity to give input on topics that may impact the construction industry and the community.
CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS
Airport Advisory Commission
- About: Serving in an advisory capacity to the Mayor, City Council, and the City Planning Commission to address matters pertaining to land use, construction, planning or operation of the Colorado Springs Airport.
- Meeting Time and Location— 4th Wednesday of the month at 3 p.m.
- Vacancy – Alternate members
- About: Assists City Auditor and advises City Council on matters relating to City’s fiscal soundness and other matters. They may provide direct assistance with approval of City Council.
- Meeting Time and Location – 3rd Thursday of every month at 10 a.m.
- Vacancy – Alternate members
Sustainability Advisory Board
- About: The Sustainability Advisory Board was recently created by City Council. This Board will provide ongoing analysis and recommendations to City Council regarding sustainability related policies, programs, and operations.
- Meeting Time – To Be Determined by Board
- Vacancy – Seven Citizens At Large (must represent a public or private organization relating to agriculture, the natural environment, the built environment, energy, materials management, transportation, economic development, health, or education)
Submit your application by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 6, 2022. The application can be found and submitted here. All applicants must reside within the city of Colorado Springs.
Applications and résumés can also be emailed to Michael Montgomery at Michael.Montgomery@coloradosprings.gov or mailed to city council, Attention: Michael Montgomery, P.O. Box 1575, Colorado Springs, CO 80901.
For more information on boards, commissions and committees, visit coloradosprings.gov/boards.
El Paso County
Applications for volunteer positions are located at elpasoco.com and can be accessed by clicking on the Volunteer Boards link.
Volunteers Needed for El Paso County Community Development Advisory Board
El Paso County, CO, April 1, 2022 – The El Paso County Board of Commissioners is seeking community-minded citizen volunteers to serve on the El Paso County Community Development Advisory Board. Applications for the open position are due by April 15, 2022.
The Community Development Advisory Board is currently seeking one new member currently residing in and able to represent County Commissioner District 2.
On April 1, 2009, El Paso County became an “entitlement community” and was awarded a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to carry out a wide range of community development activities directed toward revitalizing neighborhoods, economic development, and providing improved community facilities and services.
The Community Development Advisory Board (CDAB) reviews matters of importance regarding the CDBG program and makes recommendations to the Board of El Paso County Commissioners concerning community development issues and use of CDBG funds.
Meetings are typically held on the third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. (as necessary) at the Economic Development Office at 9 East Vermijo, Colorado Springs, CO. (across the street from the courthouse).
Volunteers Needed for El Paso County Board of Health
El Paso County, CO, March 30, 2022– The El Paso County Board of Commissioners is seeking community-minded citizen volunteers to serve on the El Paso County Board of Health. Applications for the open position are due by April 15, 2022.
The El Paso County Board of Health is the governing body for El Paso County Public Health. The Board of Health governs the agency through the establishment of policy, approval of budgets, and appointment of the public health director.
Regular Board meetings are typically held monthly on the fourth Wednesday of the month beginning at 8:30 a.m., followed by work or executive sessions when noted on the current month’s agenda.
Regular meetings are hosted on the first floor of the Citizens Service Center, unless otherwise indicated.
Meeting dates, times and meeting agendas are posted on El Paso County Public Health’s website at www.elpasocountyhealth.org. All meetings are open to the public.
The Board of Health is currently seeking one new member, who represents the non-profit, private, or public education sectors.
El Paso County Commissioners’ Office
Attention: Linda Berg
200 South Cascade Avenue, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80903-2208
CITY OF FOUNTAIN
TOWN OF MONUMENT
Copyright Housing & Building Association of Colorado Springs. All Rights Reserved.