Website Merritt General Contractors, Inc.
Merritt General Contractors, Inc. is searching for a Construction Superintendent. A project superintendent holds a supervisory role for the on-site daily operations of a project. The superintendent is responsible for field coordination for every aspect of a project, along with making sure all subs are on schedule and budget. The superintendent works directly with the project manager and project engineer to maintain the progress of any project.
- We are looking for someone who can transfer from one task to another seamlessly, with varied experience and the ability to work with and without close supervision while performing the following duties:
- Run/manage project from start to finish (Planning, scheduling, implementation & coordination)
- Oversee Subcontractors and full construction project daily
- Coordinate subcontractors, architects, inspectors, and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owners, Architects, Consulting Engineers, and other parties related to the project
- Enforce a safe work environment, practices, and culture on the project
- Managing and inspecting the quality of work that is performed by subcontractors
- Maintain a professional, clean, and organized job site
- Understand contracts, plans, construction methods& regulations
- Prepare daily reports
- Budget time, multi-task & prioritize to meet established goals & deadlines
- Possess great organizational, leadership & communication skills Have strong time management skills
- Possess the ability to supervise effectively at all levels & with a variety of personalities
- Be flexible & work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Be decisive & work well under pressure when faced with unexpected situations, or delays
- Analyze & resolve problems
- Must have commercial experience on projects ranging from $200,000.00 to $3,000,000.00
- Residential experience a plus
- Experience scheduling and supervising subcontractors
- Experience in federal, state, and local government contracts a plus
- Expert knowledge in understanding blueprint drawings, specifications
- Must be skilled at basic carpentry, i.e., hanging doors, windows, apply backing and basic framing, etc.
- Willing to work throughout the front range of Colorado
- Some physical work with your tools will be required
- Must have the technical knowledge and management skills to organize a workload, read blueprints, schedule, and direct subcontractors, identify the desired result, set standards and priorities, develop, and execute a plan of action and follow through to a successful, completed project
- Basic computer skills needed
- Ability to create job schedules
- Basic knowledge needed of OSHA standards and the ability to maintain a safe job site
TO APPLY: Please email resume to jtedeton@Merrittgc.com.
To apply for this job email your details to jtedeton@Merrittgc.com