HBA Political Action Committee
About the HBA Political Action Committee
The Political Action Committee of the Housing and Building Association of Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region (HBA PAC) is a separate legal entity affiliated with the Housing and Building Association (HBA). The HBA PAC was initially formed in 1970 and has developed a solid track record of candidate support over the years. The membership of HBA PAC is limited to members of the Housing and Building Association and selected by the HBA PAC at its annual meeting held each November.
The activities of the HBA PAC are guided by the five member Executive Committee made up of the Chair, Ralph Braden, Nor'wood Limited and members Kyle Campbell, Classic Consulting; Randy Deming, Campbell Homes; George Hess, Vantage Homes; Ron Holliday, Holladay Bros. Construction and Rhonda McDonald, CreekStone Homes.
The mission of the HBA PAC is to identify, support and elect candidates to public office. The candidates that we support share our strongly held philosophies.
In furthering our Mission we seek to inform and educate the general membership of the HBA on the political process, our positions endorsed candidates and the importance of participating in the American election process.
- The American Free Enterprise System and Free Enterprise solutions to solve issues,
- Willingness to make the tough stances and decisions that are in the best interests of the community and/or the state
- Defending Private Property Rights guaranteed in the Constitution,
- Supporting a pro-business climate on a state and local level
- Understanding the importance of the housing industry in meeting the needs of people for all types and prices of housing opportunities.
- Believing in Limited Government and a rational regulatory environment.
- A willingness to listen and learn
The HBA PAC is comprised of 25 members that are selected by the PAC at its annual meeting in November. Membership in PAC is for a two year term and there are no limits on the number of terms members can be elected. HBA members interested in serving on the PAC must submit an application and nomination to the HBA PAC Executive Committee by October 31 stating their interest and qualifications for participating in the PAC. Existing PAC members whose terms will expire in the ensuing year and are interesting in continuing to serve on the PAC must notify the Executive Committee in writing of their desire to continue on the PAC by October 31 as well. The HBA PAC membership will elect members to two year terms from the pool of eligible candidates.
The Roles and Responsibilities of the PAC Members include active participation in the identification and endorsement of candidates for public office at the city and county level, as well as the “local” delegation to the state legislature. PAC Members are expected to provide assistance with election campaigns, campaign financial support, and to encourage voting participation with friends, family and business associates.
- Scott Baugh – Banning Lewis Ranch Company
- Jerry Biggs – BiggsKofford
- Ralph Braden, Jr. –Nor’wood Limited, Inc. PAC CHAIR
- Kyle Campbell – Classic Consulting Engineers & Surveyors, LLC
- Brian Cooper –Unified Title Company
- Randy Deming – Campbell Homes
- Mike Finkbiner – Robbins Roofing
- Joan Hathcock – D & J Quality Electric
- Steve Haynes – HaynesCo Garage Doors
- Heath Herber – Westerra Development Company
- George Hess – Vantage Homes
- Ron Holladay – Holladay Brothers Construction
- Bobby Ingels –Ingels Company
- Dave Keller – Keller Homes
- Rhonda McDonald – Creekstone Homes
- Scott Mikulecky – Sherman & Howard LLC
- Jerry Novak - Classic Homes
- Michelle Grove-Reiland - High Country International
- Steve Schuck – Schuck Corporation
- Steve Schneider – Central Bancorp
- Terry Schooler – Schooler & Associates
- Scott Smith - YJ Smith
- Doug Stimple – Classic Companies
- Tom Taylor - Taylor Development
- Fred Veitch – Nor’wood Development
- Kevin Walker –Walker Strategies